Brief Strategic Therapy – Doctor Cristina Di Loreto office brief strategic therapy in Florence, Tuscany, Italy
The model of Brief Strategic Therapy®, created by Paul Watzlawick and developed by Giorgio Nardone, is known as one of the best practice in the treatment of anxiety, eating disorders and phobias.
I chose to use this kind of model for several reasons:
- The focus of the treatment is on the “here and now”, we can’t change the past unfortunately but we can learn instruments to be prepared in our future;
- The time of the therapeutic path is brief; usually less then 20 sessions; most of the time a great improvement is reached in the first 10 – we can’t garantee this brief treatment in cases like personality disorders;
- The therapist has is own responsability, this means that I give prescriptions, homeworks and the work is not finished in my office;
- The therapist create a real customized strategy based on the peculiarities of the person and of the problem.
- The “therapist addiction” is avoided and one of the main principles is to give autonomy to the person.
This kind of psychotherapy is able to reach high level of effectiveness and efficiency. Talking about anxiety and phobiac disorders the model is effective in the 95% of the treated cases. We reach a 89% of effectiveness in the other disorders.
I can work on:
- Panic attack
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Vominitng Syndrome
- Binge Eating
- Couple and relationship based problem
- Sexual problems
- Body Dismorphia
- Child and family based problem
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Pathological Doubt
- Paranoid thinking
- And each sensations or situations that causes to you discomfort.
I am one of the Giorgio Nardone’s selected psychotherapist, that means that each month I attend a clinical supervision with him and the other selected therapists, this is a great garantee for my patients, me and my work.